Reasons for the creation/continuation of an IEP. 

A secondary school student requires an IEP only if they are formally IPRC'd, are placed in a special education class (for more than 50% of the school day), require SEA equipment, and/or are on modified curriculum. All other students in Simcoe County should be supported and accommodated by the best teaching practices outlined in the Ministry of Education'sLearning for All.



Information about Post-Secondary Special Education Documentation Requirements

Innisdale's Special Education Resource Teachers (SERTs) support students with IEPs with post-secondary planning and the transition to life after high school. Students with Special Education needs who are giving consideration to college and/or university are encouraged to visit the Transition Resource Guide website for information about how to access accommodations in post-secondary institutions.


Special Education Contact Information

Erin Andrews (Mainstream SERT) 

Karen Applegate (Mainstream SERT & Bayview Transition Centre) 
Jaclynn Bishop (Mainstream SERT and Lifeskills)
Karen McCutcheon (Bayview Transition Centre)
Jay Malandrino (ASD)
Joe Lamoureux (Learning Centre)
Ben Barnier (Life Skills)
Will Ferguson (ASD)